Product Manager – Sports Data
JOB TITLE: Product Manager – Sports Data
REPORTS TO: Product Director - Media
HRS: Standard (40 hours)
LOCATION: DEN HAAG (Netherlands)
Perform (www.performgroup.com) is a world leader in monetising sports and entertainment rights in digital and traditional media. With some of the biggest global entertainment brands in its portfolio, the group has been a consistent innovator since 2000, and a major driving force in the commercialisation of sport and entertainment rights online, on mobile and on TV.
Perform recently acquired two leading sports data companies Global Sports Media (www.globalsportsmedia.com) and Running Ball (www.rball.com) and is determined to further expand its position in the sports data market by delivering innovative and compelling sports data products to the betting- and media sector.
We have established in excess of 200 media clients, including ESPN, Al Jazeera, MSN, Yahoo!, CONCACAF and Voetbal International.
As Product Manager you act as a liaison between the various resources (engineering, design, operational) responsible for developing and maintaining our sports data products and the key business stakeholders in these products, both internal and external.
This involves project management throughout the entire development lifecycle of a product, line management of developers, and the ownership of communication plans. A product manager is the evangelist for the product. The Product Manager has a high degree of autonomy during the development of the product in terms of managing requirements, developing proposals and managing budgets, however all major decisions must be approved by the Product Director.
The position is based in the Netherlands, but product responsibilities will cover all markets and therefore some international travel will be required.
- Gather and document requirements from a range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Develop and maintain roadmap for all sports data products
- Ensure that all relevant stakeholders are informed of the roadmap and progress
- Ensure that all software releases are thoroughly tested and delivered to the highest quality
- Manage (offshore) development teams and contractors – provide line management and HR functions in accordance with company guidelines
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and in-line with the roadmap
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of similar and competing sports data products, be aware of new development in the market and communicate these to relevant stakeholders
- Produce marketing materials to communicate the features, advantages and benefits of your products internally and externally
- Act as key link between existing clients and content (data) production teams to ensure that our content production decisions are aligned to client needs.
- Manage client integration projects; be a constant innovator of how we deliver and distribute content products to clients.
Key Performance Indicators
- Projects are delivered on time and in accordance of the roadmap
- The roadmap for your products are well communicated and understood
- Quality, both individually and for your product
- Your products are well administered and regular usage metrics are published
- Production and maintenance of marketing materials
- Specific performance targets related to your products
- Accurate estimations, both individually and for your development resources
- Delivering to deadlines, both individually and for your development resources
- Contribution to the technical strategy of the company
- Contribution to the efficient running of the company
- +/- 5 years technical and operational knowledge of sports data solutions
- Line management and project management experience
- General knowledge about API’s and other (content) distribution methods
- Self motivated and proactive
- Ability to devise and deliver a strategic vision
- Ability to deliver effective presentations to large groups
- Hard working and dedicated
- High attention to detail
- Open, honest and approachable working style
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Leadership qualities
- Motivational qualities
- Good decision making
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills including concise and clear explanations
- Ability to provide honest and constructive feedback, both positive and negative
- Ability to receive feedback from others
- A keen interest in the sports sector
Please submit your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com